Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Love in Shapes and Colors


For the emotion "Love" I wanted to show two different concepts while keeping it simple. The 2 oval shapes represent two partners. At the top, the oval and circles are complete and the colors are brighter to show happiness. The bottom oval and circles are broken and dripping. They are also a darker shade to show that love is not always a happy thing. While it is cliche, I chose a red background as it is a universal color of love. I faded the background because love often fades over time. The abstract heart was added at the last minute to overlap and connect the two oval shapes that represent the partners.

4 comments:

  1. This composition encompasses the emotion love well. The small circles are reminiscent of the bubbly feeling people experience while in love. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, you made this? Nice job, Steph, I definitely don't think I could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a lot of symbolism in every aspect of this graphic- it seemed layered with meaning. I didn't pick up on it all at first. Very deep, Steph...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the heart and the meaning behind the fading love.

    ReplyDelete